Saturday 18 June 2016

Promise or threat? @promiseseeker

Challenge #2 already!

Are promises always positive?

If they're negative does that make them a threat? (Wikipedia seems to think that the psychology of promises would indicate so.) If I'm seeking out God's promises then that needs to be all of them right? Including the ones I don't like or the ones that don't make sense to me. I guess today's challenge reveals a heart that thinks it knows better than God... How often do we pick and choose the bits of God's Word that make us feel nice or massage our ego compared to the challenging truth that cuts right to our soul?! So in that light, I'm going to seek out all the promises. Even the ones that just seem uncomfortable trusting God can use those to teach me just as much.

Still in for the journey with me?

#negativepromises #challenge #godknowsbest #bible #bibleverse #biblejournaling #biblestudy #biblescripture #biblepromises #promise #promiseseeker #godspromise #godspeaks #godneverlies #promises #truth #scripture #bibletime #shereadstruth #biblegram #biblereading #godsword #goodnews

No comments: