Tuesday 22 May 2007

Decisions.

At the moment I have some big decisions to be making. About 15 hours ago it was far more simple. I just had to keep going along the same track, wait for the outcome to the situation and that was that. Then I received an e-mail that threw another option into the equation. A completley different, but equally viable option... and now I'm left in the middle not knowing what to do.

I don't think for one minute this is ironic - especially on the back of this weekend where I realised I'd been relying on my parents for advice a little too much. Don't get me wrong - I feel so blessed to have wise godly parents... the problem happens when you start going to them for advice and affirmation before going to God. And that is what I'd been doing.

So now I'm back to this situation and I was stressing about making a decision... until I realised that actually I don't need to make any decisions right now. Owing to the overlapping nature of deadlines and time, I can carry on pursuing what I was pursuing in the same vain, see what happens with that and then, if needs be, check out the other options.

It made me realise how prone I am to immediately 'running away' with something. How I can so easily make something a tragedy or an ecstasy. So often I'm thinking 'what should I do?' 'how will I get through this?' etc... When will I learn to stop making life about 'me'??? The questions I should be asking when making decisions are 'What can God do with this?' 'How will this bless others?' 'What would Jesus do?'

Sometimes Jesus would say, 'you know what? it doesn't matter, you can choose' and sometimes he'll give a very clear, definite answer. But either way, I pray God will take away the 'me' perspective and give me His, I pray God will direct my pathways regardless of whether I'm asking the right questions.

Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Let my decisions honour you Jesus.

No comments: